A leading specialist contractor are looking for a Project Health & Safety Advisor to initially work on a large civil engineering and structural build project RC frame projects in Norwich for 18 months before working on multiple schemes across the Eastern Counties. Working for the specialist civil engineering and build contractor with a burgeoning order book, you will be a strong character, providing support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety and Delivery team.
Reporting into the Regional Head of HSE, you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety in a challenging environment
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
• Providing solutions to issues by proactively identifying hazards
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker being visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• A member of IOSH (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• A collaborative worker who doesn’t ‘police’ but offers support and coaching
This position gives you the opportunity to work on prestigious projects and develop in an exciting and expanding business. The salary on offer is between £45-55k plus package based on experience and suitability. Please get in touch if interested in the role, happy to provide more information.