A leading specialist sub-contractor are looking for a Project Health & Safety Advisor to cover a large new build construction site in Hertfordshire on a 6 month contract. Working across a large-scale new build and refurbishment project you will be a strong character, providing support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team. This would suit a Health & Safety Advisor with strong construction safety experience across permitting, RAMS, SSOW on large, challenging projects.
Reporting into the Project Manager you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety in a challenging environment
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
• Issuing permits to work
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker being visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH/NCRQ/NVQ H&S-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• A member of IOSH (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• Main-contracting background
The contract will be 6 months with the potential for more and a highly competitive day rate of £300-£350p/d but inside IR35, paid CIS. Please get in touch if interested.