A leading specialist sub-contractor are looking for a freelance Project Health & Safety Advisor to cover a large new build construction site in Yorkshire, working for the specialist RC frame contractor on a large MOJ project. Working on site, you will be a strong character, providing support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team.
Reporting into the Regional Head of HSE, you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety in a challenging environment
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including and temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker being visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• A member of IOSH (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience in RC frame (preferable)
The contract will be a minimum of 9 months with the potential for more and a highly competitive salary is on offer between £35-42k (pro-rata’d) plus package based on experience and suitability. Please get in touch if interested.