A leading specialist sub-contractor are looking for a freelance Project Health & Safety Advisor to cover a large new build construction site in North Warwickshire. Working across an expansive industrial project you will be a strong character, providing support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team. This would suit a Site Manager with A strong H&S experience across permitting, RAMS, SSOW etc or an experienced Health & Safety Advisor who has worked on large, challenging projects.
Reporting into the Health of Health & Safety you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety in a challenging environment
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Writing reports and chairing Health & Safety meetings
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
• Issuing permits to work
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker being visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• A member of IOSH (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• Main-contracting background (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in BREEAM (ideally)
The contract will be a minimum of 12 months with the potential for more and a highly competitive salary is on offer between £325-375p/d based on experience and suitability. Please get in touch if interested.