A leading Principal Contractor are looking for a freelance Project Health & Safety Manager to cover a large, high-end M&E/fit-out project in London. You will be a strong character, providing daily support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team on multi-phase construction and infrastructure project.
Reporting into the Regional Head of HSE, you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety on a challenging project
• Working with sub-contractors to ensure the implementation of ‘best practice’
• Helping to develop and manage Safety culture on-site
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker being visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• CMIOSH (PREFERABLE)
• Health & Safety Diploma-qualified
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
This is an excellent role with the opportunity to add a forward-thinking and dynamic SHE team, whilst earning a day rate of £400-500p/d.