A leading specialist sub-contractor are looking for a Project HSEQ Advisor to cover a large RC frame and structures package on a prestigious Energy from Waste build in Leeds; the role a 12-month fixed-term contract. Providing support and coaching, you will be a strong character, providing support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Health, Safety, Sustainability and Quality team. This would suit a Health & Safety Advisor with strong construction safety experience across concrete frame, formwork and structural projects.
Reporting into the Project Manager you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety in a challenging environment
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
• Issuing permits to work and monitoring Health & Safety performance
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker being visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH/NCRQ/NVQ H&S-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• A member of IOSH (ESSENTIAL)
• An effective communicator with a collaborative approach
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• Design and build experience within civil and structural engineering
The contract will be 12 months with the potential for more and a highly competitive salary of £55,000 plus car allowance of £6,000 and full package. Please get in touch if interested.