My client is recruiting for a Project Manager to join their Electrical Transmission division supporting projects throughout the UK.
As a Project Manager you will work as part of their Electrical Transmission project delivery team who are responsible for the delivery of civil and M&E construction projects across the UK transmission network. You'll work on behalf of National Grid on Capital Equipment replacement and new build substation projects.
My client are proud to be working in partnership with major clients, delivering substation build and refurbishment works across England and Wales including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, capital equipment installation, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition, as well as full turnkey EPC substation builds.
As a Project Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of site staff and issues arising from sites
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Health and Safety Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Monitor performance of site staff with respect to Health and Safety, Quality and Environment
- Ensure full compliance on projects with all MUS procedures and current industry legislation, guidance and best practice
- Client liaison including arranging progress meetings, pre-start meetings and client audits
- Implementation of appropriate contractual change control, ensuring the capture of cost value reconciliation and, programme and quality impacts
- Planning and programming of current and future works
- Subcontractor procurement and monitoring
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Sound project management experienced gained in the utilities sector
- Proven experience of working and managing persons on an Electrical, High Voltage Transmission network
- Ability to manage multiple disciplines, works streams and sites
- Ability to develop and work within collaborative client relationships
- Knowledge of budgeting, estimating and cost value reconciliation
- IT literate, specifically in a windows based operating environment
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Qualified to Degree Level in Construction, Civil Engineering or an Electrical discipline
- CSCS Card or equivalent
- A full Driving License
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card