Full time permanent
My client is a housing association who covers over 100,000 homes in London & the home counties They are currently looking for a Project Manager to work within the building defects department. This is a hybrid role split between home & office in the Southwark area.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assist the Project team and manage projects
• Monitor project checklists to ensure all key milestones have been achieved
• Assist in the preparation of pre-commencement programs
• Work with colleagues in the Commercial team in preparing and issuing tender documents, evaluating returns and awarding contracts.
• To monitor and liaise with contractors to ensure they comply with obligations contained in the relevant contract documentation
• To ensure all client instructions/directions given on site provide value for money and that all changes are promptly reported to Commercial colleagues
• Liaise with contractor/developers through the handover process, including inspection visits, preparing schedules of outstanding works and ensuring all 'snagging' items are rectified
• Responsible for the liaison with contractors/developers to ensure all mandatory certification is in place ready for handover.
• Assist the Project Manager & Customer Care Team with any out of Service Level Agreement Defects
The Successful person will have:
• Excellent Defects diagnosis skills with a minimum of 3 years of experience ESSENTIAL
• Sound technical/construction knowledge with experience of managing different forms of defects/repairs ESSENTIAL
• Experience working in construction or housing
• Experience of contract management including cost control and compliance is desirable
What's in it for you?
• A salary of £55,000
• 30 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays, Employee benefits program, Pension scheme