My client is the leading specialist asset maintenance contractor for buildings and structures operating across the UK. Established in 1955, they have 6 regional offices in the UK and a reputation in the industry for the quality of our service and innovative engineering solutions, underpinned by our commitment to safety and sustainability.
The aim for the current role is to manage existing and future Area 10 bridge repair and associated schemes to ensure all activities are undertaken in a safe, efficient and professional manner that fulfils obligations under the contract and fostering and maintaining relationships with key individuals at National Highways to engender best practice and efficiencies.
Projects will generally involve concrete testing and surveys, Temporary works, Hydro demolition, preparation works, concrete repairs, formwork, Cathodic protection and in some instances civil engineering bridge works, barrier replacement and reconstruction of bridges.
• Highways background, ideally with understanding and experience of refurbishment works involving concrete repairs is preferable but not essential.
• Managing projects from inception
• Successfully led teams
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify and support the recruitment of support staff as is necessary to fulfil obligations under CWF and SDF
• Develop Team, support, tutor, mentor and encourage these to grow
• Ensuring all activities are managed and undertaken in accordance with processes and our obligations under the contract and relevant legislation
• Key liaison between NH site representatives, designers, stakeholders/landowners, subcontractors, and suppliers for the allocated projects within your region
• conversant with company procedures
• Fully conversant with SDF/CWF procedures Project Management training.
• Ensuring timely handover of all necessary reports, measurements, programme changes, EW advice and other relevant information to the commercial team
• NEC4 Programme training (preferred)
• NEBOSH certification (aiming for)
• understanding commercial aspects of Project Management.
• Scaffold Inspection (understanding)
• Understanding Cost reporting/Appraisals
• First Aid @ work (preferred)
• CDM Training for Managers (preferred or aiming for)
• Understanding Pricing schemes/extras/claims- NEC Processes
• Experience of Valuations/applications for payment support to commercial team
• Experience of Performance reviews/disciplinaries.
• Carrying out Daily briefings at site
• Carrying out weekly labour and planning resource calls with management.
• Providing technical solutions and best practice guidance on schemes to ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of projects
• Supporting the planning function and ensuring the provision of relevant Clause 32 programmes
• Fostering and maintaining relationships with NH representatives, designers, stakeholders, and supply chain to ensure works are delivered efficiently
• Weekly catch-up meetings with Highways Manager/Framework Manager to discuss project progress and identify any matters requiring attention
• Understanding of Temporary works and experience with the relevant processes for AIP etc