A new opportunity for a Project Manager has arisen in the Oxfordshire area working on a package of main works on HS2 circa £110m value. The project is approx. 3 years long in duration, involving major earthworks, drainage, culverts, highways and structures associated with the construction of a new section of railway line.
This is an opportunity that should appeal to an experienced Project Manager who is looking to work for a respected contractor on a wide range of civil engineering projects, including flagship civil engineering projects.
Candidates will ideally have:
• A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
• A strong knowledge of heavy Civil Engineering, incorporating aspects such as earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related infrastructure.
• Experience of planning and programming work, including cost planning. (Advantageous)
• Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
• Strong IT skills.
• Strong management ability, including clear communication skills.
• Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Project Manager, on relevant Infrastructure projects such as Highways/Rail schemes etc.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a construction related discipline.
• Strong knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
• Experience of working within the civil engineering industry.
• UK driving licence.
• CSCS card
• £55,000 - £75,000 basic salary (dependent on experience)
• Company car / car allowance
• Healthcare, pension and generous holiday entitlement
• Market leading company bonus scheme
• Abundance of secured work in geographical area
For more information please apply to this position or contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black, Birmingham!