£55k - £60k + Car Allowance & Fuel Card + Benefits Package
Highways & Infrastructure
My Client are a Large Main Contractor operating throughout the UK on a range of sectors including; Civil Engineering, Highways, Infrastructure and Construction. Due to increased workload in the Yorkshire Region there is an opportunity for a Project Manager to join the Highways and Civils Division.
The overall purpose of the role of Project Manager is the management of the day to day delivery of construction activities on various projects within the General Civils Sector, reporting to a Contracts Manager.
Projects will include; local authority highways, highways, new carriageway, cycleway and footpaths, public realm etc.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Holds an appropriate civils qualification HNC/HND/ Degree - Minimum 10 years’ experience
• Good IT skills.
• CSCS card – minimum gold standard.
• 5-day SMSTS
• Experienced in the delivery of civil engineering schemes – value £5million+.
• First aid at work certificate desirable.
• Holds a UK driving license, clean or low on points
• Experienced and competent in management of teams of 5 or more staff on projects
• Is a member of a professional body (ICE/CIOB)
• Has experience of leadership training (Basic)
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
• Can carry out inductions and TBT briefings
• Can develop RAMS including review and approval of Sub Contractor RAMS
• Is a leader by example on health safety and environmental practices (will not take risks)
• Has a good understanding of industry H&S and Env best practices
• Produces site construction phase plans
• Can fulfil role of temporary works coordinator and fulfil requirements of procedure.
• Strives to exceed basic standards on site and proposes new innovations.
• Attends and contributes when required to monthly HSEQ meetings and internal working groups
• Has a good all-round knowledge of basic engineering principles
• Can mentor and develop engineers and site agents
• Good at problem solving, troubleshooting and innovations.
• Can think outside the box analysing project benefits and promotes this discipline to team members.
• Can delegate and manage information flow and identify and produce technical queries
PROGRAMME AND PROGRESS
• Can develop the project programme and monthly updates
• Has a good understanding of planning software
• Has an experienced and good understanding of contract requirements (NEC Cl31,32 and Cl 60s)
• Can fully develop the weekly programme independently
• Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
• Is open and honest.
• Friendly and approachable.
• Encourages and supports other colleagues.
• Has a ‘can do / will do’ attitude
• Good communication skills, keeps colleagues/peers informed.
• Remains focused can work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Is open to new ideas and listens to others point of view.
• Can adapt their communication style to suit colleagues/client and customer.
• Can consistently make decisions in line with position and level of authority.
• Can identify and actively promote the development of future managers (Engineers/Site Agents)
• Demonstrates the desire and willingness to further progress in roles and responsibilities
• Experience and capable of producing monthly commercial reports.
• Has good understanding and experience in forms of Contract (NEC/JCT)
• Can develop and produce procurement schedules
• Can maintain accurate records of measurement for direct works and subcontract works to support commercial team
• Can support commercial team in production of variations and quotations
• Has experience in the review/appraisal processes and management of sub-contractors
• Can identify risks and opportunities and communicates in monthly reports to management.
RECORD KEEPING/PROGRESS REPORTING
• Prepares daily and weekly progress reports, variation reports for the scheme.
• Familiar with document management systems
• Will chair weekly internal meetings, and client progress meetings
• Can produce monthly reporting in line with contract requirements
• Will ensure wider team are complying with all daily and weekly reporting requirements
• Maintains company quality assurance documentation for ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 systems.
• Supports and promotes sector QA and demonstrates buy in by auditing internally on projects
• Has ability to recognise defective works and rectify in a timely manner
• Ensures project team and sub-contractor supply chain deliver to standards (Lead by Example)
• Efficiently compile necessary documentation to complete H&S File and handover documentation