Due to our continued growth, this main contractor is actively recruiting for a Project Manager to join their close-knit team, who can share in on their exciting future. We pride ourselves on being a professional and approachable, the ideal candidate should share our company values.
As a Project Manager you should have well-rounded general contracting experience gained through working on a variety of project types with the ability to work independently with confidence and decisiveness.
Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive with a positive can-do attitude and experience within the role as a Project Manager.
A good understanding of Microsoft Project programming software and all other standard Office software is required. Many projects involve work within, or in the vicinity of, live environments so similar experience is essential.
The position as a Project Manager is office based but the ability to travel and undertake site visits is required.
Key duties will include, but not limited to;
• Take ownership of multiple projects, leading delivery teams to manage risk ensuring work is completed safely, on time and within budget.
• Oversee site-based Site Manager and deal with day-to-day issues as they arise
• Co-ordination and monitoring of subcontractors and suppliers
• Compile and update CPHSP in conjunction with H&S Manager
• Review and approval of subcontract RAMS
• Regular site visits to check on progress and quality of work
• Development of tender programmes to Construction Phase level
• Review and updates of programme progress and delays
• Reviewing design information and compiling / tracking of RFI’s
• Assessing design details and potential issues and pro-actively seeking guidance or proposals to ensure problems are overcome in a swift and agreeable manner
• Participate in weekly reviews of progress, budget, resources, and programme
• Compiling of Contractor’s Reports and attendance at Site Progress Meetings
You will require the following;
• Previous Main Contractor Experience (Essential)
• Min 3 years in a Project / Contracts Manager role (Essential)
• A working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts (Preferable)
• First Aid
• A full UK driving licence
• Successful Enhanced DBS (This will be obtained by the Company as part of the onboarding process)
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
• Salary: Up to £60,000 dependant on experience and subject to review after probation period
• Company Car / Allowance
• Laptop and Phone
• Workplace Pension