Role: Project Manager
Project: New Build & Refurbishment (NHS Facility)
Salary: up to £70,000 plus package
Our client an established main contractor, who currently enjoy a turnover of c£25 million, are actively in the market for an experienced Project Manager. With aspirations to grow the business over the next few years to c£50 million, they are now proactively operating in a variety of sectors and delivering larger value projects.
Our client has recently secured a scheme with the NHS to deliver a New Build facility and Refurbishment of an existing building within a live hospital environment. The project has a contract value of £10 million, a duration of 2 years, and is dure to start on site in late May / early June 2023.
As Project Manager, you will be site based reporting to the Construction Director, who will be remotely based and will work alongside a Quantity Surveyor. You will have full operational responsibility and will have 2 Site Manager’s reporting to you. You will be the main day to day client contact and will own the site programme, ensuring the delivery of a project, within budget, achieving agreed programme and meeting specification.
• Previous employment as a Project Manager / Construction Manager or similar.
• Previous Main contractor employment.
• Previous building sector project experience is essential.
• Assign, lead and motivate the project team to ensure all project objectives are achieved.
• Manage safely at all times, ensuring the safety of others and contribute to safe working in all activities.
• Site records.
• Maintain communications with stakeholders and the project team/organisation.
• Working with the client and reporting to the project lead responsible for helping to establish the strategy and delivery for the project.
• Understanding of budgets, estimates and ability to review and challenge contractors’ proposals.
• Understanding of risk management and able to work with project teams to identify, schedule and establish mitigation strategy for project risks.