You will be project managing diversionary schemes on our client’s networks throughout the United Kingdom. Based near Barnet you will be expected to travel and attend project meetings around the UK. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of both civils and fibre, have commercial experience in estimating and have demonstrable knowledge of the NRSWA 1991 and the Code of Practice for Diversionary Works. You will be adaptable, with high levels of initiative and a keen eye for detail and process.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
You will be an integral part of the Planning Team, working with the Operations Managers, Project Managers and Contract Quantity Surveyors to manage our clients’ diversionary works projects and inquiries. This will be done through the implementation of best practice, developing procedures and undertaking tracking and reporting for continuous improvement. You will provide a first-class service at project management level, ensuring diversionary projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specification, whilst promoting a positive image of the company and our clients. Your key tasks will be to manage diversionary works enquiries from the C3 budget estimate stage to C9 reconciliation whilst remaining compliant with current legislation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, you will manage our clients’ diversionary works from C3 to C9 stage according to the Code of Practice for Diversionary Works.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have a wide experience in telecoms civils and cabling utility works, together with project management skills and commercial acumen.
You will be able to demonstrate:
· A proven track record in telecoms planning or utilities construction.
· A comprehensive knowledge of NRSWA and CoP for Diversionary Works legislation and its application.
· The ability to liaise and maintain good relationships with clients, Local Authorities, 3rd parties and
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· An ability to work proactively, accurately and methodically under pressure and to strict deadlines and be able to be reactive to changing situations as and when they occur.
· A thorough understanding of health, safety and quality practices and procedures.
· PC literacy with a sound knowledge of MS Office and MS Project.
Previous experience of managing utility diversionary works is preferable. Training will be provided.
The appropriate candidate must be assertive and confident when liaising with Developers, Project Managers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders. You will be a team player and be able to demonstrate proven team leadership /management skills and the ability to motivate co-workers
What’s in for you?
· Salary range of £48,000 - £55,000 DOE
· Comprehensive package