Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with an established business in the Preston area. Our Client have been operating for over 40 years but are now part of a larger group of businesses after being bought over 10 years ago.
They now seek to appoint a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a permanent, full time basis to join their already experienced team. So if you have at least 2 years experience in a similar role, and you're seeking a new challenge with a supportive and respected business, then please get in touch.
Your New Role as the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will report to the Accounts Manager, carrying out the following duties:-
• Checking, verifying, and processing supplier invoices
• Identifying and resolving discrepancies prior to payments to suppliers
• Liaising with suppliers regarding disputed claims together with other departments of the company
• Completing period end supplier statement reconciliations to ensure accurate account balances between supplier and the company
• Preparing payments for verification
• Analysing discrepancies and unpaid invoices
• Updating, verifying and maintaining accounting records
• Tracking and auditing petty cash
• General administration tasks
• Processing all types of customer payments
• Performing all necessary accounting reconciliations
• Producing monthly statements
• Monitoring customer accounts
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you must have:-
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Willingness to learn
• MS office knowledge (especially Excel)
• To be able to work on own initiative
• Good attention to detail
• Able to work effectively as part of a team, providing cover where necessary
• Able to plan and organise workload and continuously meet deadlines
• Able to problem-solve
• Customer service orientation
• Good communication skills including over the phone
Salary and Reward on Offer:
You will be paid a competitive salary and be given the opportunity to work for a stable and secure business, that will enable you to enhance your career. You will be offered an excellent holiday package, a pension, store discounts, ongoing training and on-site parking.
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance. Please apply for immediate consideration.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.