Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered up with a reputable and family run business in Carlisle who pride themselves on their progressive growth over the last number of decades. They now seek to appoint an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk who can bring the full purchase ledger process back into the finance function.
Your New Role as the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
As the new Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will report directly into the Finance Manager. The duties will be as follows:
• Maintain/Control of PO and Delivery Note system
• Reconcile and process PO, delivery notes, invoices and statements
• Uploading invoices onto the system
• Managing emails
• Set up and maintain supplier accounts
• Management of subcontractor liabilities including creation of subcontractor accounts ensuring
compliance with Insurance, H&S, CIS through to on time payment
• Calculation, Submission, Reconciliation of CIS Payments
• Completion of relevant schedules within monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Develop and implement processes to enable fast turnaround of accounting transactions and to speed
up production of financial & KPI reporting.
• Develop efficient internal processes and ensure that they are adhered to
• To manage own time on tasks and notify the Management Accountant prior to any overruns arising so workload can be balanced accordingly
• Ad hoc accounting assignments instructed by the Management Accountant
• To assist with general administration within the department
• To assist in the preparation of the management accounts to ensure balance sheet is reconciled and
accounts presented to the directors by week 2 each month
• To complete the above in line with the job plan set out by the Management Accountant with a view to
making the year end accounts production as straight forward and efficient as possible.
• Return phone calls and written correspondence within required deadline and ensure promises are kept
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you will either have a finance related qualification or be qualified by experience. You will have the following attributes:-
• Team player
• Solution driven
• Process driven
• Excellent communicator both written and verbal
• Highly accurate inputter
• An intermediate Excel user
• Knowledge of Sage 50 would be advantageous
• Knowledge of CIS
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.