Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance are delighted to be working with an acquisitive business in the Altrincham area. This business has gone from strength to strength in the last 2 years and has acquired several business across the UK. Due to growth, they are seeking to employ a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their highly successful, friendly and professional team.
Your new role as a Purchase Ledger Clerk:
As the Purchase Ledger Assistant you will be responsible for processing a high volume of purchase invoices for the Group. You will join a busy finance team and will hold varied and demanding duties. You will be required to a have clear understanding of the companies business objectives and code of conduct.
Working Hours/ Days: Full time 37.5 hours per week, either 8am -4pm or 8.30am -4.30pm
Day to day duties:
• Handling high volumes of supplier invoices ensuring matching to purchase orders and delivery notes.
• Distribution of supplier invoices for authorisation to various departments.
• Processing supplier invoices on Exact.
• Monitor and review of outstanding invoices and prompt resolution of queries.
• Reconciling supplier statements.
• Reconcile the Purchase Ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of the monthly payment run.
• Assist with month-end closure and analysis.
• Responsibility for being the first point of contact for all customer queries from the company.
• Ensure that all invoices have been authorised and entered onto Exact accurately and in a timely manner.
• Responsible for credit card and expense card reconciliations ensuring Company policies are always adhered to.
• Ensure the Management Accountant is informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• Previous experience as a Purchase Ledger Clerk is essential
• Must have experience of dealing with high volumes within a fast paced environment
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
• Ability to liaise with suppliers and colleagues in a professional manner
• Strong IT skills is essential
Salary and reward on offer:
An excellent salary offered for this role, along with great company benefits. 23 days holiday rising to 25 days, pension , free parking and discounts packages.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.