Company Details and Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Chorley, my client is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering specialist that has been operating for over 50 years. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Finance Team as a Purchase Ledger Clerk. Responsible for providing a professional and efficient service within the finance function, the Purchase Ledger Clerk will be part of a small team and will report into the Purchase Ledger Supervisor. This role would suit someone who has existing purchase ledger experience and is looking for a new challenge.
Your New Role as the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will report into the Purchase Team Leader and join a team of three Purchase Ledger Clerks. You will be responsible for the following duties:-
• Process invoices and reconciling to purchase orders
• Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
• Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
• Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
• Process business expense claims
• Processing BACS payments
• Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external partners, resolving queries smoothly and efficiently
• Ensure the integrity of purchase orders and receipts
• Scan, index and file all required documentation
• Support general office duties and provide ad-hoc reporting
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
- More than 6 months Purchase Ledger experience
- Experience of building and maintaining good working relationships with people of all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A team player who also works well independently
- Organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage own workload effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.