Company Details and Job Overview:
I have been asked to recruit on behalf of a well-established business based in the Carlisle area. This organisation have been operating for over 75 years and are recruiting for a full-time and permanent Purchase Ledger Clerk. The role of Purchase Ledger Clerk will sit within a busy finance department reporting to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor and will be responsible for high volume processing of Invoices and Expenses as well as various ad hoc Purchase Ledger duties.
Your New Role as the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
1. Your main role will be to process expenses on a daily basis but you will also be required to learn other roles within the department.
2. Supporting the Purchase Ledger Supervisor with ad hoc day to day duties as required.
3. As part of a busy team, you will be required to code, batch and key invoices onto the system highlighting any special payment terms.
4. Run off reports from batches you have entered and check details.
5. Ensure invoices/expenses are fully authorised for payment and within the relevant payment terms.
6. Maintain clear audit trails on transactions.
7. Reconcile supplier statements for the month ensuring figures are updated in time for each month end, requesting copy invoices and following up on any debt chasing letters.
8. Opening and distribution of Post for the Purchase Ledger department on a weekly rota basis.
9. Ensure all individual filing is kept up to date and to assist with general department filing/archiving as and when needed.
10. Various ad hoc duties from time to time as required within the Purchase Ledger Department.
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
- Should have experience of purchase ledger, processing expenses, supplier statement reconciliations and invoice authorisation and processing.
- Should have worked on computerised accounting systems and possess good MS Office skills including Excel.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.