Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered up with a reputable and respected business in the Burnley area. Our Client pride themselves on their progressive growth over the last number of years and now seek to appoint an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist who can add value to their already established and knowledgeable purchase ledger team. This role offers the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis once training and probation has been completed.
Your New Role as the Accounts Payable Specialist:
As the new Accounts Payable Specialist, you will report directly into the Accounts Payable Manager. The duties will be as follows:
• Facilitate the Supplier setup process, following compliance and validating received data. Liaise with master data in order to ensure comprehensive setup in SAP.
• Carrying out Kroll, VC, VAT, Website, Bank Account Checks in line with compliance and validating received data.
• Define representative where applicable.
• Responsible for the day to day activities of a selection of Vendor accounts
• Maintain and encourage good relationships (internal & external) at all levels.
• Ensure the AP ledger controls and procedures are used effectively and efficiently and monitored on a daily basis.
• Liaise effectively with suppliers
• Processing large volumes of transactions – including invoices, credit notes and debit notes
• Responsible for all query resolution for accounts owned
• Responsible for debit note resolution
• Responsible for recuperating negative balances
• Responsible for supplier statement reconciliations
• General housekeeping within the AP function
• Ad-hoc job related tasks as and when requested.
• Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and Group Code of Conduct
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you will have at least 2 years experience in Purchase Ledger and possess the following attributes:-
• Team player
• High attention to detail and ability to review detailed work quickly and accurately
• A professional attitude with a can do mentality
• Excellent communication and team building skills both verbally and written and the ability to develop relationships with other parts of the business
• Commercial focused in order to understand, support and respond to the demands from other parts of the business
• Driven, enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• Disciplined and able to work under high pressure to achieve tight deadlines
• Organised self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload
• Competent user of Microsoft Office Products
Salary and Rewards on Offer:-
Our Client offer a competitive salary and a number of benefits, they are:-
• Hybrid working
• 23 days holiday from start increasing up to a maximum of 27 days with length of service
• Access to a Cash plan provided by Healthshield
• Income protection scheme (including access to a wellness early intervention scheme)
• Access to cycle to work scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Death in service
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Loyalty award at key service milestones
• Enhanced, Maternity, Shared Parental, Paternity and Adoption pay
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.