£29,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
In this busy QA Officer role, you will be 100% site based, reporting in to the Head of Quality and will ensure all pharmaceutical products are legally complaint and meet customer quality and regulatory expectations.
The primary duties of the QA Officer include:
• Generation and management of Quality System documents, Risk Assessments and Product Quality Reviews.
• Generation of documents and statements to support customer registrations and exports.
• Investigation and report writing for complaints and deviations.
• To work closely with the Operations, NPD and Quality Control departments to ensure all products comply fully with the contract agreed with the customer and comply with all regulatory requirements.
• To help the QA Manager maintain the Quality Management System to ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice and that the FDA, MHRA, GMP and GLP accreditations are maintained.
• Support in validation of processes and equipment.
Specific requirements for the QA Officer include:
• A BSc or equivalent in a Scientific subject
• Previous experience in Quality Assurance & working within a GMP Quality Management system.
• Excellent IT and organisational skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Previous experience of regulatory and validation requirements within the pharmaceutical or similar industry is desirable.