A leading construction and civil engineering contractor are looking for a Quality Supervisor/Clerk of Works to strengthen their HSEQ function, providing in-depth Quality support on major civil engineering schemes with HS2, the largest infrastructure project in Europe. You will ensure consistent quality & compliance standards are applied to ensure that business processes are compliant with the company-wide management system. You must have experience across Quality Assurance and Quality Control and its implementation within construction projects.
Reporting into the Regional Head of HSEQ, you will be:
• Monitoring and inspecting the work at regular intervals, checking the progress, identifying and minimising problems and defective works
• Checking all the critical stages of the construction to ensure that the quality meets requirements
• Ensuring that works are being progressed in accordance with approved quality plan, drawings, specifications, and approved Inspection and Test plans (ITPs).
• Focusing on ‘right first time through’ planned inspections and quality interventions
• Identifying and reporting defects which may cause disruption, delays and problems
You will also have:
• Experience within a Construction or Civil engineering environment (ESSENTIAL)
• Excellent communication skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work with and manage the quality output of site teams
• Practitioner of the Institute of Clerks of Works (PREFERABLE)
• Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 (ESSENTIAL)
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (preferable)
• Proven internal auditing skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable contractor and a dynamic HSEQ team. They offer a very competitive salary of between £45-55,000 (based on qualifications and experience) with excellent packages attached and the role represents an excellent chance to advance your career in QHSE.