We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor for an established main contractor who turnover in excess of £100m and undergoing tremendous growth due to recent tender successes.
The business specialises in civil engineering with typical schemes including highways, public realm, infrastructure projects and a variety of frameworks for private clients and local authorities.
They currently have an opportunity for a site-based Quantity Surveyor to work on a major highways scheme in Merthyr Tydfil. The objectives of the project are to improve traffic flow and road safety on an existing carriageway, widening to two lanes and improving junctions.
The stretch of road runs from Dowlais Top to Hirwaun and involves:
• Laying of a temporary road to create space for the construction of new carriageway and structures.
• Installation of culverts.
• Boundary fencing.
• Demolition of existing buildings and junction.
• Construction of 3 new bridges.
• Construction of new underpass.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ideal project experience including major roads / highways, public realm, drainage, earthworks, structures/bridges, culverts etc.
• Conversant knowledge in NEC forms of contracts.
• Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor.
• Basic salary up to £50,000 dependent on experience
• Company car or car allowance
• 5% pension contribution
• Generous holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
• Company benefit scheme
To find out more please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black, Birmingham.