Quantity Surveyor – Build – Manchester
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a forward-thinking tier one main contractor. The company are well respected and has a wealth of experience in the industry being one of the best names in the game. The role will see you working on a range of new build projects within residential, commercial, retail, education and more throughout your time with the business.
With a number of awards to their name the company have a reputation on delivering fist class projects and developing team members to further their careers and take the next. Due to the company have regional office across the country you will never be expected to work on projects out of the North West and with a flexible approach you will have the opportunity to work from home when appropriate.
You will have the chance to work on some of the largest projects in the region ranging in value from £30m up-to £200m. On each project you will be given the chance to work with an established team reporting into a Commercial Manager and support from Senior Quantity Surveyors. Working on the commercial aspects of the project you will be working closely with the client and sub-contractors. The role will offer you the chance to develop your skills and give you a clear career path.
This is a perfect role for someone who is looking to join a company that can offer them all the tools to help them progress their career and take the next step. As well as a strong pipeline of projects to keep you busy for the next 5 years +.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Quantity Surveying and over 6 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a Main Contractor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Completing cost management of the project from inception to hand over
• Working off pre-construction documents to prepare cost plans and measurements
• Managing clients expectations delivering results
• Work with external parties including architects and engineers to ensure project specifications are understood
• Working closely with Sub-Contractors
• Ensure any changes to design and understood and coats are kept up-to-date
• Managing quantities from drawings
• Managing an array of sub-contractors ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget
• +6 Years as a Quantity Surveyor
• BSC Degree in Quantity Surveying
• Project Experience + £30 Million
• Experience on High-Rise is desirable
• Experience on Residential Schemes
• Main Contractor background
• Very Competitive Salary
• Company car/allowance
• 25 Days Holiday + Statutory
• Competitive Pension
• Career progression
To have a confidential telephone call to discuss the role in more detail please click apply.