Project Quantity Surveyor - 2 year contract - outside IR35
The project is a multi-million pound mixed use development, comprising of 12 buildings. The complex will include scientific laboratories, research centres, distribution facilities, offices and communal areas.
Project Quantity Surveyor will be required to support the commercial lead. Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the delivery and financial outcome of a specific project, ensuring such activities are in line with the commercial strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and targets. Project Quantity Surveyor will be primarily responsible for cladding packages. We're looking for someone site based, willing and able to measure on site and support the commercial lead.
Project Quantity Surveyor - Requirements
• Educated to BA or BSc Degree Level with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experienced working with project teams and client surveyors in either a main contracting or project delivery environment
• Experience of NEC3/NEC4 contract forms
• Comfortable with working on a live site
Project Quantity Surveyor - Responsibilities
• In accordance with the Project requirements, manage all contractual change control, including timely agreement with customers and subcontractors. Contractual issues to be managed with the project manager, supported by the commercial lead as necessary
• Build positive relationships with subcontractors, ensuring subcontracts are properly let.
• Ensure financial and contractual control of sub contractor accounts, assess and agree variations. Assess and settle final accounts in accordance with company procedures.
• Contribute positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance, including advising project managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts.
• Manage all potential and actual changes to the scope of work, ensuring all variation orders are received and costs are agreed at the appropriate time.
• Prepare comprehensive information and assess the impact on cost change, installation periods and project completion. Advise client at the earliest opportunity including the provision of correct notices within the required timescales.
• Preparation and submission of interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash receipts.
• Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions.
• Prepare and produce ongoing cost reconciliation and monthly project forecast reporting
• Develop proactive and appropriate relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; to provide the appropriate guidance to make good business decisions.