£45k - £50k
My Client is a dynamic, award-winning property maintenance, refurbishment, compliance, and decarbonisation specialist with more than 750 colleagues in 20 locations across Great Britain, providing a combination of local knowledge and national strength. They are a social and environmentally responsible family-owned business with a rich 125-year heritage, delivering a range of bespoke services and solutions to a wide variety of clients.
A commercial opportunity has arisen to be part of our expanding Health & Education Projects team, we are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of works from the Warrington office working in and around Greater Manchester
The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated refurbishment/maintenance projects/contracts. Whilst liaising with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
Managing several larger scale projects and supporting Quantity Surveyors in the team on general maintenance and refurbishment works, in particular, NHS Hospital/Education refurbishment and planned works maintenance.
We require a good all-round Quantity Surveyor with Health & Education Refurbishment sector specific experience.
Site working/visits in and around Manchester/Warrington
• Assist WITH preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids, tenders to timescales.
• Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
• Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
• Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client’s representative.
• Prepare monthly valuation reports for Senior Management.
• Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
• Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
• Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
• Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers
• building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
• Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect projects
• Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
• Holds the relevant qualifications
• Must be an experienced Construction Quantity Surveyor
• Essential to have worked with the public sector particular within the NHS
• Planned/Refurbishment works experience essential
• Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
• Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
• Competitive salary
• 26 Days Hols & Bank holidays – option to buy or sell holidays
• Company pension scheme – up to 7.5%
• Company Car/Car Allowance
• Discounted Healthcare Scheme
• High street & lifestyle discounts
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
• A day paid volunteering per year
Apply now with an up to date CV of contact Dan Standish at Kenton Black for more info