Managing Quantity Surveyor
Up to £75,000
My client is one of the largest international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Water’s @one Alliance since 2004, delivering several major water projects. The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. The Anglian Water @one Alliance will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.5billion between April 2020 and March 2025, known as AMP7 – the current five-year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders. The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2020 to 2025, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water.
They currently have requirements for Managing Quantity Surveyors to join their Anglian Water Team, working in locations across East Anglia, with the expectation that successful candidates travel to regional offices in Peterborough as and when required for meetings etc.
As the business specialise in water infrastructure and tunnelling projects past project experience in these areas is paramount!
• HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
• Previous experience of the civil engineering industry
• Familiarity with ICE/NEC forms of contract NEC3 or NEC4 and knowledge of current
• Construction Law
• Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of
• subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle,
• certificates and accruals calculations
• Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value
• Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to encourage and support junior members of the Commercial Team
• Experience of working for Contractor, Water experience, able to deal with large
• amounts of data for open book forms of contract.
• Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards (desirable)
• CSCS card holder
• Up to £75,000 basic salary (dependent on experience)
• Company car / car allowance
• 5% Company pension contribution
• Life Assurance
• Single persons private medical cover
• Permanent Health Cover
To express your interest please contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black, Birmingham! Or Apply Now!