My client is an established main contractor who have progressively grown over nearly 50 years, are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor in the Worcestershire area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date.
• Providing financial information for reporting purposes and attending CVR meetings.
• Input into the procurement of key trades, working in line with the project procurement strategy.
• Preparation of final accounts, contracts and cash flow forecasts.
• Managing associations in the supply chain through building and maintaining strong relationships.
• Site visits to undertake measures and re-measures.
• Management and control of variations.
• Value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
The successful candidate will be providing commercial support to Project Quantity Surveyors and overall project team on all financial, contractual and client relationship concerns.
Working on varied projects ranging from £2m-£50m, you will be confident and able to develop within a close-knit team.
Experience and Skills
• Experience of cost control on construction projects.
• Successful procurement experience.
• Working knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
• Experience in re-measurement of key trades packages.
• Proven experience of working on new build or refurbishments projects in a similar role.
• Strong numerical and IT skills, especially MS Excel.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• BSc/HNC in Quantity Surveying (preferred, not essential)