- Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor – House Building
- £300 - £350 per day
- 12 Months Contract (5 years worth of work)
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with project experience working on new build housing developments for either a housing developer or contractor. They are one of the UK’s most successful housing developers with over 50 years trading history and a passion for not just building homes but creating vibrant sustainable communities.
If you're passionate about delivering exciting projects, challenging your abilities, and expanding your skills, then this opportunity can offer you the career you're looking for.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement, and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement. You will need to be able to manager a total of 300 new homes ranging from 1 bed - 5 bed.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
• Main contractor or housebuilder background.
• Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving.
• Strong ability to negotiate and influence
• Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
• Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
• Performance management of your team and suppliers
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Competent enough to manage multiple sites at any time.
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company within an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. To express your interest please contact Conner at Kenton black Birmingham.