This leading international contractor is looking to add a Quantity Surveyor two to its Glasgow based Transmission & Distribution team.
The ideal candidate will have -
- Between 5-10 years' experience.
- A main or sub contractor background.
- Project experience will include HV, heavy industrial, T&D.
- BSc Quantity Surveying.
Working as part of a wider commercial team, you will be based in the Glasgow office and will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project. Duties and responsibilities will include -
- Developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms.
- Administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
- Identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
Send me a copy of your up to date CV to express interest - firstname.lastname@example.org