The biggest intermodal* logistics firm in the UK is looking for a Property Manager, or FM Manager; basically someone who is confident in running hard FM in multiple distribution sites.
Senior Property Manager, Facilities Manager, Multi-Site General Manager; 'person who knows how to manage the 'facilities heck' out of a logistics/industrial facility, facility... or 20' - when people ask you what you do every now and then, what is it that you call yourself these days? If any of the above fits the bill then please read on!**
The job covers the midlands region - between Northampton and Leicester. Your remit is six sites directly and over forty sites UK wide.
The six sites in question cover rail and lorry distribution, although your remit will cover much more including shipping, and, erm, more lorries and trains... but more of them... and there'll be another Property Manager/FM Manager/General Manager reporting into your good self covering the other sites. Just reminding you this is a job within logistics and distribution...
The duties are listed below:
managing and developing a small property and maintenance team covering the country (40+ sites) which will be divided into three regions to ensure they are all ‘match fit’
· managing the Midlands Region directly (currently six sites, including two rail terminals), and preparing monthly audits
· the provision of hard and some soft services (excluding cleaning & security, managed locally by sites)
· maintaining and repairing all property-related aspects of each site (HGV and heavy-duty pavements, buildings and all associated infrastructure) in conjunction with the Development team
· making sure all sites are secure and safety compliant at all times
· reacting to property-related emergencies, potential safety or security issues when identified
· ensuring all reactive works are completed in a timely way and first time
· setting out PPM requirements for each site to anticipate issues and minimise costs, as well as dealing with periodic maintenance works
· managing small projects at sites
· introducing and maintaining best practice across all elements of FM and providing feedback and support to project management teams who are involved in redeveloping/developing new sites
· introducing out-of-hours cover to provide 24/7 business support
· budget control and expenditure
· monthly and periodic reporting
Aside from the job, the company is growing, the boss is fantastic; the opportunity is a huge one and the pay is above the usual.
Up to £55,000 for the right person; plus all you would expect - a genuine career path within a great, great business.
For more info, drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org - or just apply to this ad - either works***
*If you know what intermodal means without googling, you're probably a good fit for this job
**If your title isn't one of these titles but you fit the criteria, it could mean your company is not as good as the one I'm currently promoting - don't fear, just apply, or email...
***If you're still reading, definitely apply for this job.