Company Details and Job Overview:
A prestigious retail business on the outskirts of Blackpool are looking to appoint a new Reporting Accountant. This is a newly created role due to growth, working in a friendly team of finance staff, reporting to the Head of Finance.
Operating for 100+ years, the business is a national employer of choice which prides itself on its inclusive culture and values, (they have won multiple awards which reflect this!). They genuinely believe their people are at the heart of the business and staff at all levels are truly valued for their contributions to the business.
The full time role is available (37.5 hours), however my client is accepting applications from candidates seeking a reduced working week (4 days per week).
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• A competitive starting salary of £45,0000 - £50,000 depending on experience
• Flexible working arrangement including hybrid working once established in the role
• 33 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays and increasing with length of service
• Outstanding discounts for staff, family and friends
• Healthcare and wellbeing benefits including BUPA cover, paid eye tests and flu vaccinations
• Employee and family support and counselling
• Generous employer contributory pension up to 8%
• Life assurance 8 x salary
• Cycle to work scheme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity package
• Encouraged and supported community and charity involvement, with 2 days for charity timegiving each year
• Training is actively encouraged and supported
Your New Role as Reporting Accountant:
As Reporting Accountant, you will support the Head of Finance working within a friendly team of 8-10 finance/accounts staff. Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Cash flow management, reporting and periodic forecasting
• Supporting with year end statutory accounting and audit
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Oversight of regulatory requirements
• Provision of ad hoc reports and analysis as required, to aid effective decision making
• Being a key player in the implementation of new systems and upgrades
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), or hold sufficient relevant experience. Advanced Excel skills are essential (pivot tables, Vlookups) and knowledge of Microsoft Navision is advantageous. With good technical finance skills, you will also have good commercial acumen with the ability to communicate with various departments within the company.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.