Are you a driven construction, civil engineering or utilities professional with a passion for health and safety? You have the opportunity to join a specialist civil engineering contractor working on infrastructure and highways schemes, as their newest Safety Advisor. I’m looking for two individuals in the West Midlands and it would suit someone with a sound foundation of Health & Safety knowledge looking to move across from a trades or site management/supervisory background. The roles are temporary to permanent, initially on a freelance, day rate basis and progressing into salary plus full package.
Reporting into the Senior Health & Safety Manager, roles and responsibilities are:
• Performing site inspections and audits
• Providing health and safety advice and assistance to the workforce
• Identifying health and safety hazards and risk on a challenging site
• Being proactive in identifying issues and engaging with site operatives
This role is new and integral to the continuous improvement of their client’s health & safety practices. Therefore, knowledge of safety, health & environmental legislation and current construction practices is key. You will also be:
• IOSH Managing Safely/SMSTS/SSSTS (Minimum)
• Experienced on civil engineering, construction or utilities sites (Essential)
• NEBOSH General or Construction (Desirable)
• A relationship-builder who can communicates effectively on-site
• Able to identify issues and provide solutions
This is an excellent opportunity to join reputable contractor with vast exposure to Construction and Infrastructure projects. They offer a very competitive day rate (with similar salaries and packages attached once permanent) and the role represents an excellent chance for you work within a dynamic HSEQ department and develop personally and professionally.