Job title: Section Head – Separation Sciences
Salary: up to 60K
An established CRO in Bradford is looking to recruit a new section head to their separation sciences department. The section head will lead a team of 14 people completing contract analytical services to mainly the pharmaceutical sector. This is ideal for a candidate looking to join a fast-paced environment with multiple projects going on concurrently, with the focus being on chromatography.
The successful section head MUST have:
- Hold a BSc/MSc in Analytical chemistry or any other relevant discipline.
- Significant separation science experience (inc. problem-solving)
- Have management experience
- Experience working within a GMP/GLP environment.
- Client-facing relationship experience would be desirable.
The Section head will:
- Monitor experimental output volume and quality from the lab ensuring adherence to MHRA GMP/GLP requirements.
- Lead the section effectively driving standards and maximising output.
- Liaise with clients of the CRO in order to meet SLAs and agreed deadlines as per the contract.
- Actively engage with site HSE officer to ensure safety and fulfilment of legal obligations.
- Ensure all members of the team are effectively developed and managed.
The successful Section head will receive:
- A salary of up to 60K (D.O.E)
- Annual performance-based bonus.
- 25 days holiday (+8 statutory bank holidays)
- Workplace pension
- Retail Discount scheme,
- Cycle to Work scheme,
- Childcare Vouchers,
- Discounted Gym membership rates
- Local Reward & Recognition schemes.
The Bradford site is easily accessible by car and has good public transports connections from Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Keywords: Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Finished Products, Wet Chemistry, Bench Chemistry, Titrations, HPLC, FTIR, FT-IR, UV-Vis, GMP, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, QC Chemist, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, SOPs, OOS, OOT, Out of Spec, Out of Trend, LC-MS, GC-MS, method development, validation