Company details and job overview:
Based in Yorkshire, on the outskirts of Huddersfield, this high growth family owned construction business are a multi-site operation with a client base across the UK. Based within close proximity from the M62, they boast a successful track record of bespoke services in the sector and are engaged to hire a senior accounts manager to work alongside the Senior Manager Team, taking the lead of the accounts department. Overseeing the function whilst managing a small team, this role will support further growth as the business execute plans to expand into further destinations. This is an exciting time to join a dynamic, versatile group of companies in a role which will provide opportunity and reward.
Your new role as Senior Accounts Manager:
Taking the lead within the finance department, you shall be responsible for the day to day finance operation, taking the lead on management accounting and reporting for a multi-site operation. Supporting the Commercial Director in the production of meaningful financial analysis you shall manage a small team of 2. As Accounts Manager in a varied role, you will be responsible for managing the internal processes and procedure, seeking ways to improve each element whilst working towards promotion in the future.
Main Role Duties:
• Preparation and finalisation of internal Management Accounts
• Preparation and completion of work required with Accountants for yearly audit including close liaison with auditors
• Closely monitor cash position at bank
• Ensure timely payments are made by debtors including any appropriate pro-active action
• Ensure procedures are being followed and information is entered correctly onto the system to enable ongoing processes are followed in timely fashion
• Compile and submit VAT return in accordance with HMRC requirements
• Processing salary/wages/pension in association with Accountants Payroll Department
• CIS online submissions
• Internal Allocation Reports for staff job costs
• Payments to subcontractors and suppliers
• Management of asset register
• Assistance with tax returns / R&D claims & the like
• Liaison with suppliers and subcontractors in relation to queries relating to credit facilities
• Deal with Staff salary/wage issues
• Liaise with HR Department as required
• Liaison with Commercial Director assisting with associated accounts-led duties
• Preparation of monthly Overhead Report
• Highlight and report any commercial risk/problems to Commercial Director / Managing Director
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
In order to be considered you shall be well rehearsed in all areas of the JD above. A self-disciplined, hands-on finance professional you shall have operated in a similar role. With strong attention to detail and a team working ethic, you shall have experience of managing others in junior posts with a proven track record of improving internal process and procedure. With strong IT skills your excel skills shall include VLookups and pivot tables as a minimum.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a progressive and exciting role for an individual who is looking to further their career. Working in a business who have a proven track record of developing their proposition in a competitive environment, this role is rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. A fast-paced role, where no day will be the same, you shall gain exposure across the organisation. This role is seen as a key position across the business and one which will play a large part in the continued success of the group, both short and longer term.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.