Up to £50,000 plus company package.
Are you a Buyer or have a background in Procurement? I am currently working with a national contractor looking for a Project or Senior Buyer.
My client is a major contractor and continue to grow within the civils and rail sector. As such, they are seeking ambitious, capable staff to join their team as it expands. As a reward, my client offers excellent benefits and career progression opportunities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for guaranteed Midlands based work with a forward-thinking contractor.
As an established Civil Engineering Contractor specialising in; Rail and Civil Engineering across the Midlands region. With continued success they are actively looking to multiple buyers.
• Work closely with the Procurement Manager and Project Buyer to assist in the identification of all materials at both tender and order stage
• Setting up and maintaining price agreements
• Negotiating bulk order discounts
• Opening accounts and establishing new supplier relationships
• Monitoring material prices
• Proposing alternative materials wherever possible
• Building supplier relationships to ensure best value is achieved
• Extensive knowledge of Civil Engineering materials particularly in relation to all aspects of Groundwork
• Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• A good knowledge of IT – Microsoft packages and Sage
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, with accurate outputs
• Have with experience in the Water, Utilities, Highways and Road sectors including all aspects of Groundworks & Drainage
• Provide cost reports as necessary
• Attending site visits where necessary
Salary & Package:
• £50,000 per annum (Negotiable Depending on Experience)
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black Birmingham.