Cost Manager / Senior Cost Manager
Newcastle & Teesside
Kenton Black International is excited to be supporting one of the world's leading consultancies in the expansion of their North East cost management offering. There currently exists numerous opportunities for degree qualified and (ideally) chartered Cost Managers & Senior Cost Managers in the Newcastle & Teesside offices.
We're keen to hear from people with a proven track record of of delivering high quality cost management/quantity surveying across the full lifecycle of schemes. Type of projects that are of particular interest include - Life Sciences, Healthcare, Pharma, Biotech, Hi-Tech Manufacturing, Data Centres, Healthcare, Education.
A snapshot of some of the responsibilities -
- Pre- and post-contract duties, including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc.
- Completing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procurement activity, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preliminaries, tender analysis, tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Taking responsibility for timely and accurate cost checks and valuations
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Perform cost risk analysis and provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts
- Maintain central feedback and learning on cost estimating from prospects and projects and contribute to updating of best practices in estimating
Whether you're from a PQS or Main Contracting background, if you have a stable career history and can demonstrate a collaborative and outgoing approach, please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org