Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Chester, within easy commute form the Wirral, Warrington and south Liverpool, this established business remain a leader in the oil and gas sector. In a position to add further talent to the finance function due to growth, the UK division are part of an international group. With a solid track record in the sector, boasting an enviable list of prestigious clients, they are positioning themselves to facilitate further growth, and are able to provide progression and development to a senor finance professional in a commercially focused role.
Your New Role As Commercial Financial Controller:
A newly established role, this Commercial Finance position has the opportunity to evolve into an essential position in the UK business. Reporting into the CFO you will be responsible for overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning & analysis, the outputs for month and year ends and will add value to the strategic decision making. Looking to enhance the procedures and processes across the finance function, this is a rounded and varied role where you will gain exposure to group and have the opportunity to progress.
Main role duties:
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
• Oversee and produce monthly Board Pack and Profit & Loss Account
• Management and supervision of junior members of the team
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports, providing key points and recommendations during stakeholder engagement
• Develop, establish and maintain robust financial policies and procedures for the company
• Collaborate with senior stakeholders, operational colleagues and relevant departments
• Provide data-backed recommendations to support effective decision-making
• Work closely with stakeholders to agree, align and deliver strategic objectives for the UK business.
• Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
• Supervise year-end audit process
• Undertake various project work such as automation, systems improvement
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
With a focus on the commercial activities of the UK business, this role will provide the opportunity for you to use your experience & initiative to implement processes, collaborate with key stakeholders and provide a platform for junior members to develop and progress in a fast paced environment. To be considered for this role you shall be a qualified accountant (CIMA ACA ACCA) with experience in a similar Commercially focused role. With strong technical skills and attention to detail, you shall have strong communication skills and management experience of others in finance.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a competitive salary you will be working alongside like-minded professionals in an environment where there is opportunity to develop and progress. The business welcome a collaborative approach to the day to day running of all departments, an environment where divisions and departments facilitate and welcome interaction across all levels. There are a number of benefits and as the business continue to grow, so too will the ability to add value in a fast-paced, award winning business.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.