Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Bradford, this national leading construction firm are offering a Fixed Term Contract for a 15 months period. A group with various revenue streams, they operate successfully across a variety of sectors, providing a range of services to clients across a varied geographic. A group known locally as an employer of choice, they are able to offer a competitive salary, enhanced package and the opportunity to grow and develop.
26 days holiday +BH
Flexible working hours plus hybrid working
Private Medical insurance
Life assurance 4x Salary
Early Friday Finish
Your New Role As Senior Financial Accountant:
As Senior Financial Accountant you shall lead the financial accounting duties for one of the largest divisions in the group, and look to support year end process whilst assisting in the year end audit process. Working closely with other divisional Finance teams, you shall deliver first class accounting and reporting, as well as taking responsibility for developing and delivering accurate and timely reporting. Managing another financial accountant in the finance function, you shall see out the 15 month contract which provides cover during a period of leave in this role.
• Month end responsibility for TB preparation and submission to Group Finance including analysing and providing commentary on key variances and reviewing with the Finance Manager
• Posting month end journals as required
• Responsibility for the payroll journals and the related cash transfers
• Production of balance sheet reconciliations providing supporting commentary where appropriate
• Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations with the Finance
• Responsibility for the fixed asset register and journals including those captured under IFRS 16.
• Agreeing intercompany balances and the related settlements, resolving all discrepancies before month end submission
• Management of month end responsibilities of 1 Financial Accountant
• Ensuring a high standard of financial control across all areas of responsibility
• Cashflow forecasting for the business unit
• Preparation of stat packs
• Managing interaction with external auditors during year end, providing audit evidence and explanations as required
• Statutory accounts preparation with assistance from the other Financial Accountants
• VAT returns preparation and monthly review of VAT transactions with the Head of Tax
• PAYE Settlement Agreement return preparation
• Tax packs preparation
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
To be considered for this senior Financial Accountant role you shall be Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or QBE with over 5 years experience in a similar role. Having operated in fast paced environment, for large business units (over 50m T.O) you shall have gained exposure to large/mid-sized entities with high volumes of transactions. You shall have advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and construction industry experience is useful but not essential
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a rewarding package on offer, hybrid working and the opportunity to develop, you will have the ability to add value and gain exposure across the organisation in a rewarding, varied role.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.