Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Blackburn, this fast paced, highly successful group boast a number of industry awards and are one of the fastest growth business units in the UK. Operating across the globe they offer state of the art offices, with a number of on-site facilities. Within easy commute from the M65, they are a business who strive on quality and actively seek to promote from within. With a number of areas in growth, they have a newly established position within the finance function. Seen as a local employer of choice the group offer a number of employment benefits.
Flexible working pattern (Core hours 5 days a week in the office)
Your New Role As Senior Commercial Analystr:
Working within an established team, this varied and interesting role will report to the finance manager. This business unit are in a period of high growth, and due to this are expanding. This role as Senior Commercial Finance Analyst will seek to add commercial value to the business, improving commercial reporting and overseeing the development of one junior analyst.
The role will also act as a Finance Business Partner for Operational and Senior Management Teams as well as collaborating cross functionally with the Group structure.
Main role responsibilities:
• Produce frequent reports to various stakeholders across the group along with key points and recommendations to aid decision making
• Organise and chair weekly/monthly meetings and create robust action plans
• Follow action plans through to completion and/or hold members to account
• Contribute to the annual budgeting process by providing insight based on trends
• Assist the finance team in year-end audit process on performance related queries
• Undertake various project work such as automation, systems (SAP/POS) improvement
• Oversee and produce monthly Board Pack and Profit & Loss Account
• Review site by site performance at a granular level in order to improve performance and undertake benchmarking exercises at margin and opex level
• Business partner with Regional Managers in order to improve YOY and bottom line performance by giving clear guidance and recommendations
• Identify process gaps and improve them by working cross functionally
• Report on brand partnerships along with their ROI which will aid exec board in making future Capex decisions
• Analyse and critique initiatives such as supplier changes or new product launches
• Understand the businesses core KPIs and work with the in-country lead to drive these
• Prepare weekly/monthly dashboards to give clear visuals for non-financial managers
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
You will have the opportunity to use your experience & initiative in a varied role within an established team. To be considered for this role you shall be fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferable - Part Quals/Passed Finalists or QBE will also be considered. With a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting department or in a similar role you shall have the ability to work in a growing fast paced environment. With a proven track record of commercial value add, you shall be a confident user of Excel and also be a strong communicator with effective interpersonal skills. With strong commercial Awareness and business acumen you shall be confident at partnering with senior stakeholders and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a competitive salary you will be working alongside like-minded professionals in an environment where there is opportunity to develop and progress. There are many on-site facilities and the office space is a collaborative area where divisions and departments facilitate and welcome interaction across all levels. There are a number of benefits. As the business continues to grow you shall have the ability to add value and develop in a fast-paced, award winning business.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.