Schedule - Full-time permanent
Coverage - National
Role structure c90% site 10% home
I am working exclusively with a leading construction client to appoint an HSEQ Manager. This business is a major partner to HS2, and is an incredible opportunity for the right person. Reporting to the HSEQ Director, you will implement and improve health and safety performance across all sectors of the business, as well as promote a positive, inclusive safety culture. You will spend a good deal of time on multiple civil sites interacting with the client and subcontractors.
• The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
• Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
• Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
• Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance.
• Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
• Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
• The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be developing and maintaining quality management systems in compliance with ISO 9001.
• Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
• Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
• Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans.
• Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
The successful applicant will have:
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (minimum requirement)
• Relevant Environmental Qualifications/Membership a bonus (e.g. AIEMA)
• Full NR PTS (Personal Track Safety) qualification desirable
• CSCS Competence card desirable
• Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
• Experience with Sentinel and RISQS
• Experience of Civils / Rail Environment
• Flexible attitude and willingness to travel
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of £50,000 - £60,000 dependent upon experience + car/allowance
• Holiday & Benefits package