Company details and job overview:
Based on the outskirts of Warrington, within easy commute from the M62, this business have recently completed on a number of acquisitions. As they absorb the accounting requirements for new entities, they are set for further growth. A highly successful group of specialist manufacturing businesses they are one of the UK’s most vibrant and dynamic organisations. With solid internal reporting and finance systems, supported by a forward thinking SLT, the group are hiring for a senior Management Accountant to strengthen their proposition as a function to support the operations and manufacturing departments in the planning, strategy and future growth as a collective.
Your new role as Senior Management Accountant:
As Management Accountant you shall take responsibility for the day to day management of the month end process and ledger requirements. A newly established role, reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will include an attractive package in a varied, interesting role. As a hands-on Management Accountant you shall look to manage the ledger activities whilst supporting the Financial Controller with month and year end accounting. You shall be responsible for the production of detailed management accounts across multi-site operations and remain focused on supporting the ledgers where required. As a key manager in the finance team you shall also be exposed to stakeholder engagement, completing ad hoc projects in a varied and versatile role.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a group in high growth. As the business continues to thrive, you will be presented with the opportunity to develop and progress as a finance leader.
Main Role Duties:
• Produce end-to-end Management Accounts (P&L and balance sheet) and analysis for the Board and the wider business.
• Monthly responsibility for UK fixed assets, stock, costs, and other month end processes, ensuring month end close is completed accurately and within the required timescale.
• Assist in the preparation and monthly review of overseas subsidiary accounts and the Group consolidation.
• Produce the Finance Pack (including financials and commentary) for review by the Board.
• Preparation of Annual budgets in collaboration with the business. Monitor and review budget variances throughout the year, providing explanations and corrective actions as needed.
• Year End Audit process includes YE reconciliations, providing information and analysis to the Auditors as required.
• Continuous Improvement - development and implementation of appropriate financial processes and controls to enhance the department and wider business.
• Abide by all Health and Safety procedures and Company operating procedures in day-to-day activities.
• Ad hoc finance tasks as requested by the Financial Controller and Financial Director and resolution of queries from the business.
A truly rounded and diverse role in a rewarding and highly astute business, this position will suit a commercially mined finance professional who is looking to add value whilst remaining hands-on in the numbers.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
You shall be a confident and commercially minded finance professional with a hands-on approach. With a proven track record of adding value and improving process, you shall also hold a recognised qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CTA) or be towards the final stages of your qualification. You shall have had staff management/supervision experience with exposure to the manufacturing process in a similar business.
Salary and reward on offer:
This position is a newly created role and offers the opportunity for you to stamp your mark in a successful, driven business. With a competitive salary and on-site parking, this role will suit a driven and progressive Candidate and will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to progress. A full time position you shall be exposed to all areas of the business and be part of the planning process whilst supported by a strong senior leadership team in Finance.
This vacancy is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.