Senior Measurement Surveyor
Up to £50,000 plus company package
Our client is a top multi-disciplinary principal contractor who currently has an opportunity within their Surveying Team to work on multiple large infrastructure and heavy civils schemes valued between £5m – £200m.The successful candidate will be required to cover sites located from Birmingham to Bicester, as living within a reasonable commute of the M40 corridor would be preferable.
Surveyors are the strength of our set-out and measuring activities that underpin the business. In general, all of our sites are controlled via 3D machine control and survey is via GPS. There is also the requirement for ‘traditional’ survey methods, you will need to be proficient in this, the core skillset will be proficiency staking and measuring using Trimble Systems.
The purpose of the role is to measure work as it progresses, including OGL surveys prior to commencement of works, in new areas, as well as maintenance of key visual setting out measures including limits of excavation and services protection.
The role will be supported by the Survey Manager, however, it is assumed at this level, that the person will be fully competent in the use of equipment including the necessary day to day calibrations and maintenance of the equipment.
Office responsibilities, the Surveyor will be accountable for the processing, clean-up and handover of the survey information in the appropriate modelling software, as directed by the Survey Manager. Typically, this will include ensuring naming conventions are consistent with the survey manuals, and correct layer information is included in the completed files.
Minimum requirements of post-holder
• CSCS Card
• Driver’s license and successfully accomplish 4x4 onsite training
• High level of written and spoken English
• A minimum of 2 years’ UK experience as a surveyor (proving competency)
• Specific responsibilities of the post
Monitor construction work carried out across the project
• Capture quantities of materials moved and placed throughout the duration of the project
• Reporting on quantities of materials
• Create and assist with designs and models to assist with engineering solutions on the project
• Perform setting out functions on site
• Perform daily measures, process data and deliverables
• Ensure survey equipment is maintained and regularly checked in line with BEL procedures, update the equipment list accordingly
• Assist in the training of apprentices on site and in the office
• Provide support to other surveyors/departments on the project
Competent in all aspects of:
• Competent with Earthworks modelling software. Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with software in the industry. Specific software packages to be set by the Survey Manager [usually this will be LSS, TBC, Trimble Stratus & AutoCAD]. Competence is required in the upload and QA treatment of the survey information prior to hand-off to the Senior Surveyor or Survey Manager.
• Demonstrate competence with technical surveying tasks including GPS, traverses and adjustments.
• Demonstrate understanding of the core earthworks process and the key points where survey is undertaken.
• Basic Excel for post processing of survey data and production of volume calculations.
If you are interested in this role, please Apply now or Get in touch with Ben Symonds at Kenton Black, Birmingham!