A lucrative contract position is available with one of the UK's leading manufacturers of hand held consumer products.
My client is seeking to recruit a senior mechanical design engineer on a contract basis.
The scope of this role is to work alongside the Industrial Design, Electronic Engineering and Product Innovation teams in early creation of ‘concept’ designs for evaluation and testing.
• Should be able to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
• Should strengthen conceptual designs by establishing key design parameters to support creepage & clearance and ESD compliance requirements.
• Should have the skills to design for high and low volume manufacturing and associated manufacturing support.
• Should have strong abilities in many of the following areas: concept generation, problem solving, 3D CAD complex surfacing, part development and 2D detail drawings, materials selection, process identification, rapid prototyping and lab tools and techniques.
• A proven track record of designing parts that are manufactured using processes including injection moulding, die casting, extrusion, sheet metal and various finishing processes.
• Key role requirement – the applicant should clearly demonstrate and communicate they are experienced in optimizing component designs to support plastic injection moulded part design.
• Key role requirement - Must have strong skills and experience with 3D CAD systems and must be able to use both surfacing and solid modeling techniques, specifically PTC Creo and the Windchill PDM systems.
• Qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject with extensive design and development experience.
For the right candidate our client can offer a lucrative day rate.
If you are interested ion the role then please apply now!