Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance are delighted to be working exclusively with a UK based charity and care provider who have operated in the sector for many years. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Payroll Officer or Supervisor to join their existing team of seven based in Liverpool.
With a number of industry awards, and an organisation who continue to grow through a continued reputation for quality and demand across the UK, this is an exciting time to join the team.
Your new role as a Senior Payroll Officer:
As the Senior Payroll Officer you will report into the Payroll Manager supporting and overseeing a team of Assistants, including a Senior Assistant. The purpose of your role is to ensure the management of staff within the payroll department to ensure the timely, accurate and confidential processing and reporting of the company payrolls. This role is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate financial processes and procedures are followed to achieve an efficient and timely operation of the payroll.
Working Hours/ Days: Full time Mon- Fri, 9am – 5pm
Day to day duties:
• Provide leadership and management to staff within the payroll function alongside the Payroll Manager
• Produce the 4 weekly payrolls
• Ensure that all data is accurately Input into the payroll system complying with statutory and contractual obligations and timescales
• Ensure the integrity of all the data held within the payroll system
• Conduct regular audit checks to ensure accuracy
• Distribute all pay slips to staff prior to monies being paid into employees bank accounts
• Payment of all liabilities from Payroll each period
• Assist in the development and improvement of business processes within the payroll function
• To effectively maintain accurate and up to date electronic and paper based payroll records of all staff
• To provide professional and efficient administrative support to the payroll function
• Respond to queries both verbally and written, received from employees and outside agencies
• Check all input data before payroll is sent to the bank
• Perform all end of year and produce all submissions to the HMRC and relevant
• Assist in the implementation of new systems and processes
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
• Ideally 2 plus years within a payroll management/supervisory position
• Experience of working in a similar environment, sector and with high volumes
• System implementation experience, advantageous
• Knowledge or Sage and I – Trent, desirable
• Excellent communicator with a strong ability to build relationships with both team, colleague and the wider employee base
Salary and reward on offer:
An excellent salary offered for this role, along with great company benefits such as 30 30days holiday, health care, discounts for gym, leisure and retail.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachael West – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.