Company Details and Job Overview:
A high performing education provider on the Fylde Coast have partnered with Kenton Black Finance to appoint a new Senior Payroll Officer. They are seeking an individual who is able to work effectively with the existing Finance team to deliver a highly professional payroll service.
As an employer of choice in the local area, employees at all levels form part of an inclusive and friendly working environment where staff are valued and rewarded.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
A market leading benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate which will include:
• Competitive starting salary which increases periodically
• 30 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• Flexibility and hybrid working arrangements
• Local Government Pension Scheme – 17.9%
• Free parking on site
• Discounted childcare provision
• Subsidised Starbucks and catering on site
• Ongoing support and training
• Healthcare benefits
Your New Role as Senior Payroll Officer:
As the new Senior Payroll Officer you will report to the Payroll Manager. You will also be given the opportunity to deputise in the absence or in the support of the Payroll Manager. You work in an environment that encourages new ideas and would welcome possible process improvements to enhance the payroll operation and service provision.
• Accurate and timely production of payroll and deductions each month
• Handle any payroll queries which may arise
• Provide an effective and consistent level of customer service
• Compliance with Financial Regulations and procedures
• Liaise with external stakeholders including HMRC and auditors
• Maintain comprehensive audit trails for internal and external stakeholders
• Effectively carry out duties in relation to the wider finance team
• Identify and deliver process improvements as required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this Senior Payroll Officer position, you will be established in a similar payroll position, ideally comfortable processing large volumes (500+ employees). Knowledge of payroll legislation, pension and HMRC requirements is also required. Additionally, part or full CIPP qualification is desirable, and you will be supported to complete this qualification.
This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment, alongside a friendly and supportive team. A market-leading benefits package will be available to the successful candidate.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration. Interviews are to be held imminently.
This vacancy is being handled by Emma Noble – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.