Highways Senior Planner
£Competitive Salary & Package Offered
My Client is a Market-leader within the Civil Engineering sector specialising in Road and Rail projects nationwide and with continued growth are looking for a Senior Highways Civils Planner to join their Commercial Division in nationally. Working exclusively across the all regions on schemes ranging between local improvements through to large infrastructure projects, candidates will also be required to assist with the management of major Commercial contracts. Managing a team delivering; legal, regulatory, technical and administrative functions and reporting into the Regional Planning Manager, candidates will be responsible for:
• Providing accurate and timely input to the Annual Plan and Forward Plan in accordance with contract requirements.
• Prioritising legal workload.
• Researching and investigating applications for legal orders including; archival research, interviewing witnesses, attending site visits and carrying out appropriate consultation.
• Preparing and presenting reports to Client including delegated officers, Cabinet Members and Committee as necessary.
• Drafting and advertising legal orders and notices in line with statutory requirements and guidance.
• Timely and accurate capture of cost data relating to all activities against appropriate service orders.
• Maintaining financial control, providing accurate forecast and managing within budget, maximising cost recovery and third party income where possible.
• Supervising and monitoring the performance of the team to ensure delivery of service to the agreed standard and timetable.
• Implementing robust monitoring systems to demonstrate compliance and effective management and processing of highway recording activities.
• Operating and maintaining quality systems relevant to work areas, supporting other areas of business.
• Maintaining quality of data to provide full audit against works undertaken.
• Producing detailed reports monthly and as required both internally and externally.
• Responding to customer requests and liaison with appropriate stakeholders to manage requests in a timely, appropriate and customer friendly manner.
• Undertaking accurate site surveys using GPS and manual methods.
• Liaison with Key Client Officers to ensure progress and compliance against activities.
Successful candidates will be degree educated (or equivalent) ideally with a Professional Membership, possess extensive Civil Engineering background with a Main Contractor and Highways/Local Authority regulatory experience. A thorough knowledge of Highways legislation and recording procedures are essential twinned with interviewing skills and map reading/navigational experience. Additionally, IT proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook and Word), Primerva and GIS software is required.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable Civil Engineering business that can offer exposure to challenging projects and career progression.