SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
UP TO £95,000
A top UK civil engineering contractor is looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager / Project Director to join their team to work on civil infrastructure projects. The business in question have secured numerous infrastructure and earthworks packages for multiple joint ventures. These schemes will be varied and range in value from £2-150m.
A strong general civil engineering background will be essential for this position, due to a wide variety of civil engineering elements. This contractor is undergoing massive growth affording great career opportunities for the right person.
In this role, you will be accountable/responsible for related projects, including elements such as project delivery, programme management, health and safety on site, quality of the project, environmental impact, client interaction, customer satisfaction and the management of subcontractors/supply chain, as well as general responsibility of Cost/Financials, with the support of the commercial team.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Be responsible for programme management and project delivery, producing programme and procurement schedules.
• Manage, maintain and monitor HSEQ on site, setting minimum standards to follow.
• Continually work with the end client and all related stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction.
• Manage the site team, including internal and external workforce.
• Control and monitor project costs, minimising risk and maximising profit where possible.
• Developing staff on site, ensuring sufficient training and development plans are in place.
• Work with the supply chain to ensure the best outcome for all parties.
• Use innovative construction, design and engineering techniques.
• Secure repeat business whilst managing all areas of project success.
Candidates will ideally have:
• A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
• A strong knowledge of heavy Civil Engineering, incorporating aspects such as earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related infrastructure.
• Experience of planning and programming work, including cost planning. (Advantageous)
• Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
• Strong IT skills.
• Strong management ability, including clear communication skills.
• Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director, on relevant Infrastructure projects such as Highways/Rail schemes etc. (With project values circa £20 Million to £100+ Million ideally).
If interest apply now or contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black, Birmingham!