My client logistics company with £400m+ annual turnover. they operate a mix of transport depots, rail interchanges and open storage sites with a preference to own the properties within our substantial and growing estate.
They are building our property team to meet the ambitious targets of a highly entrepreneurial owner and Board and supporting the needs of demanding, 24/7 operations.
The position is an exciting new role within the Property team, reporting to the General Manager and combines direct, multi-site responsibilities, together with the overall leadership and support to the FM team to keep there property portfolio in first class condition.
You will be responsible for:
• managing and developing a small property and maintenance team covering the country (40+ sites) which will be divided into three regions to ensure they are all ‘match fit’
• managing the Midlands Region directly (currently six sites, including two rail terminals), and preparing monthly audits
• the provision of hard and some soft services (excluding cleaning & security, managed locally by sites)
• maintaining and repairing all property-related aspects of each site (HGV and heavy-duty pavements, buildings and all associated infrastructure) in conjunction with the Development team
• making sure all sites are secure and safety compliant at all times
• reacting to property-related emergencies, potential safety or security issues when identified
• ensuring all reactive works are completed in a timely way and first time
• Setting out PPM requirements for each site to anticipate issues and minimise costs, as well as dealing with periodic maintenance works
• managing small projects at sites
• introducing and maintaining best practice across all elements of FM and providing feedback and support to project management teams who are involved in redeveloping/developing new sites
• introducing out-of-hours cover to provide 24/7 business support
• budget control and expenditure
• monthly and periodic reporting
The successful applicant will enjoy a progressive career with excellent financial rewards.