Senior Quantity Surveyor
£70,000 plus company package
Project Management Consultancy (Rail)
We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to work for a leading Project Management Consultancy who make a direct impact on the improvement of the UK’s rail infrastructure and train stations.
The business is a Birmingham based SME with around 80 members of staff, who are currently turning over circa £9m. They have recently received major investment and are due to more than double in size over the next 2 years providing their staff excellent career prospects.
They work with a wide range of local authorities and public bodies as well as private clients including main contractors and operate on a national scale. The company has a genuine passion delivering a range of projects within the wider rail sector including new stations, station redevelopments, new structures and the creation of rail strategies.
In this role you will be working across a portfolio of projects throughout the West Midlands and Worcestershire providing clients with precontract commercial support, NEC contract administration, commercial advice, handling tender events, undertaking estimating works etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business who offer excellent training and career progression for their staff. They are keen to speak to candidates from a consultancy or main contractor background with an awareness of the rail sector (although rail specific training can be provided).
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• Membership of relevant professional body RICS or equivalent (desirable).
• Commutable to Birmingham with a full driver’s license.
• Experience working for a Consultancy or Main Contractor within the construction industry.
• An awareness of the Rail sector and technical knowledge of Network Rail suite of contracts (desirable).
• Has thorough knowledge and experience of all aspects of the quantity surveying and commercial function.
• Has knowledge of framework environments and Early Contractor Involvement.
• Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
• Technical knowledge of NEC3/4 Design & Construct Conditions of Contract.
• Experience of commercial management of complex projects in the rail/construction environment including station projects and civil engineering schemes.
• Successful track record of working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Up to £70,000 per annum (salary negotiable dependent on candidate experience)
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Profit share bonus
• Life assurance
• Annual professional subscriptions
• Discounted gym membership
• Hybrid working
For more information please contact Chris Wright at Kenton Black’s Birmingham offices.